Ever have one of those nights that you just don’t have meals planned? (Raises my hand) Ok so I kinda came up with this recipe on a fly. Its that day of the week when I have ran out of prepped and planned meals and don’t feel like going to the grocery store. But I don’t want to crap you know what I’m saying. So here is my creation a juicy Italian turkey burger. I added broccoli because you know health.
I prayed that this came out good, I have had my failed attempts of creating a recipe with the anticipation of a yummy meal. Uh no it was a disaster and all that food went to waste. I really hate to waste food. I was pleasantly surprised how this turned out. Thank you jesus!!! Indeed he is great.
Lets get Cooking!
So lets get down to it shall we. Lets grabs all our ingredients. All these can be substituted for even more healthier options. For instance, the Italian panko can be subbed for a whole the panko or whole wheat bread crumbs. Just add the Italian seasonings to give it that same flavor.
Toss your turkey, 1 egg, serving of bread crumbs, and if your really ambitious a dash of mozzarella cheese, into a bowl. Mix well until all the ingredient are combined. It should look like this.
This should make five 3 3/4 oz patties. I used a scale to get more accurate of macro counting, but its not necessary. Once you got your patties formed place them on your preheated skillet. Temp should be about medium high heat.
I just love to hear that sizzle. I don’t know what makes it so satisfying to hear. Anyway, cook both sides for about 2 to 3 minutes or until center is thoroughly cooked. After they finish cooking, place the turkey burgers on a paper towel to drain. Next return to you pan and and pour your pizza sauce on to the pan with the turkey drippings. Cook until hot. That way when you add your cheese it melts easily.
And there you have it. A hella good juicy Italian turkey burger. I used whole wheat thin bread and added a side of veggies, but you can do so much to it. Try adding pepperonis to it. Oh my manta I gotta try that experiment. My mouth is watering as type. All in all I say it was a win in the creation department. Till next time, love, peace, and chicken grease.
Italian Turkey Burger
A juicy Italian healthy take for burger lovers.
- 1 Jar Classico Pizza Sauce (you favorite pizza sauce preferably one with not that much sugar.)
- 1/2 Cup Panic Bread Crumbs (Try a whole wheat one)
- 1 Large Egg
- 16 Oz Ground Italian Turkey (Like Jennie-os)
- 1 Package Mozzarella
1. Start by preheating a pan on medium-low heat.
2. Gather all your ingredients except the cheese and the sauce. That will come later. Add the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix. Now I use my hands to get the mixture thoroughly mixed but you welcome to use a spatula or a fork.
3. Once you have mixed the ingredients together. Separate into roughly 5 3 3/4 oz patties.
4. Oil up or spray non-stick spray and place your patties on the pan. Cook each side about 3 to 4 minutes. Make sure that the center is cooked all the way thru.
5. Once the patties are completely cooked, remove from pan and set on a paper towel. With the drippings still in the pan add the pizza sauce and heat until nice and hot. Stir occasionally.
6. Grab a pattie and either place on lettuce or whole wheat bread. Spoon on about a tbsp of the pizza sauce and lay about half a serving of mozzarella on top. Feast your eyes on some yumminess.
This meal is so versatile and scrumptious there is no way you can only have one.