Yes i know my blog is about DIY furniture, decor, and interior design. However this hack is germane to my paper mache recipe. This homemade liquid starch recipe is super easy to make, which is awesome if you don’t want to buy it.
If you don’t know what liquid starch is, let me school you for a bit. It’s usually found in the laundry detergent aisle. It is used to give body and add stiffness to clothes after washing. It’s also a good adhesive which adds a bonus to the already glue like paste.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost anything to you! Check out my full disclosure policy for more info.
You Will Need:
3 tsp cornstarch
1 cup water
Lets get into the tutorial
1.When make a batch of the stuff for my Paper mache pumpkins I make about 6 cups worth. So you will need 3 tbsps of the cornstarch if you do the same.
2. Bring the 5 cups of water to a boil.
3. With the other cup of water mix in the 3 tbsp of cornstarch. This helps to mix the cornstarch well and you wont get clumps when you add it to the boiling water.
4. Once the water is boiling add in the mixture of cornstarch to the sauce pan.
5. Continue to boil the contents until it has a gravy like consistency. It should also have a white hue to it.
6. Let cool down. Add to a container and keep in the fridge. It should keep for a very long time. Just don’t leave it out or it will be mold city baby.
And there you have it, homed liquid starch. Super easy. I think it took me not even 10 minutes from start to finished. Stay tuned for the next of my paper mache series. Next tutorial will be on paper mache clay and paste. Like always pin to you favorite Pinterest board and subscribe if you haven’t to get access to the awesome resource library. See ya laterz.